Pocket Farm is the ultimate program for learning all about survivalist aquaponics and how you can create your own on a budget and with limited space to guarantee a reliable source of fresh veggies and fish for you and your family. Aquaponics and survivalist skills are quickly gaining traction in the United States, especially after the most recent pandemic, wildfires, riots and droughts. More and more people are looking for alternative ways to ensure their own health and safety and – you guessed it – aquaponics is at the top of the list. Aquaponics systems are an efficient, sustainable and highly productive form of agriculture that uses only 1/6th of the water to grow up to 8 times more food per acre than traditional agriculture.
Pocket Farm, specifically, teaches you how to create an aquaponics system that uses only 10% of space needed for conventional gardening. It comes with all of the information needed to learn all about this efficient form of farming, so you can start growing delicious and nutritious food for your family in your very own aquaponics system.
What is Pocket Farm?
With only 10% of space used for gardening, you can create your own aquaponics system and that’s what this program teaches you how to do. Pocket Farm is an online program designed to help people create a drought-proof, disaster-proof and recession-proof “garden” of fresh vegetables and tasty fish. It’s a comprehensive system that aims to provide you with all of the information needed to learn, understand and implement your newfound knowledge. For example, it covers topics, such as:
- Creating the perfect environment for your aquaponics system to thrive
- Choosing the best plants and fish for your survival aquaponics
- Maintaining your system in any conditions in as little as 5 minutes a day
- Setting up your system – from start to finish
- Introducing fish to the system
- Harvesting your plants and fish
And so much more. Pocket Farm starts with the basics and provides you with all of the information needed to become an expert on aquaponics. This includes a step-by-step, video guide and blueprint that takes you by the hand and guides you through the process, so you can have healthy fish and fresh vegetables on your table in less than two weeks’ time and be totally food self-sufficient.
The program is entirely digital, so you receive immediate access as soon as you purchase and can get started right away. You simply download the material onto your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer and it’s there for you whenever you’re ready to get started. The program also comes with a 60-Day Money Back Guarantee, so if you’re new to aquaponics or want to try this system out and see what it’s all about, you can do – risk-free.
Who Created the Pocket Farm Program?
Alex Deacon is the creator of Pocket Farm. He is a highly-respected farmer and survivalist who is best known for a leading survivalist website in the United States, MyFamilySurvivalPlan.com.
Overview of the Pocket Farm Program
Pocket Farm is a comprehensive manual that covers everything there is to know about survival aquaponics and how you can create your own to have a reliable and continuous source of healthy fish and fresh vegetables. The program comes with a main manual, video tutorial and quick start guide. You’ll find all of the information needed to understand aquaponics, the benefits, and the process of setting one up right within the main manual. The video walks you through every step of building your system, and the quick start guide provides you with a list of things you’ll need to get started.
Since the main manual contains almost all of the program, here is a quick glimpse at what you can expect from the program as a whole:
- The Smart, Easy Way to Food Independence
- Chapter One: Why Survival Aquaponics
- How Aquaponics Works
- Chapter Two: Why is Aquaponics Better Than Soil-Based Gardening?
- Less Strenuous
- Chapter Three: How Survival Aquaponics is Different From Aquaponics?
- What to Consider for Survival Aquaponics
- Using Aquaponics for Drinking Water
- Chapter Four: Safety Concern
- Tanks Breaking
- Toxic Substances
Chapters 1-4 provide you with valuable information about aquaponics in general. Since they’re a fairly new concept for many people, these chapters aim to teach you all about survival aquaponics and the benefits you can expect. It also covers any safety concerns you may have when using this system or aquaponics and solutions and advice regarding them. For example, in the drowning concern section, it recommends placing a screen or rack on top to prevent people or animals from falling in.
- Chapter Five: The Hardware Introduction
- Chapter Six: The Fish
- Other Fish
- Matching Fish to Climate
- Chapter Seven A: What Fish Need
- Water Quality
- Chapter Seven B: Fish for Survival Aquaponics
- Chapter Seven C: Finding Fish to Stock
- Certified Hatcheries
- Catching Fish
- Chapter Seven D: Introducing Fish to the System
- How to Add Fish
- Feeding Fish
- Breeding Fish
Chapter 5-7 cover all that is required to build your aquaponics system, in terms of hardware, fish and general aquaponics. It provides you with the different options of materials you can choose from, such as a barrel or an IBC tank, and goes over the different varieties of fish that are recommended, how to source them and why you’ll benefit from having them in your tank. For example, it talks about how the easiest way to get tilapia is from a commercial fish hatchery or another hobbyist.
- Chapter Eight: Vegetables – What To Grow
- Chapter Eight A: What Plants Need
- Chapter Eight B: How Nutrient Needs Change
- Chapter Eight C: Starting Plants Germination
- Other Seeding Options
- Chapter Eight D: Buying and Saving Seed
- Storing Seed
- Chapter Nine: The Bacteria
- Nitrifying Bacteria
- Mineralizing Bacteria
- Pathogenic Bacteria
- Chapter Nine B: Starting Your System Bacteria
- Chapter Ten: Worms
- Why Worms Are Important
- Chapter Eleven: Additional Animals
- Chapter Twelve: Additional Plants – Water Plants
- Water Hyacinth
- Chapter Thirteen: Location and Environment
- Heating Greenhouses
- Other Locations
Chapters 8-13 are highly focused on creating the perfect environment for your aquaponics system. This allows your fish and plants to survive, and in turn, your aquaponics system to thrive. So, there is plenty of crucial knowledge and tips found within these few chapters. For example, you learn that if your system is not cycled, you don’t have bacteria growing so waste isn’t being processed and fish will eventually die. Then, you learn how long to cycle for and so on and so forth. This is just one example of the types of things you learn within these chapters, as you can see from the list above.
- Chapter Fourteen: What You Need to Get Started
- Chapter Fourteen A: 2×4’s and Media
- Chapter Fifteen: Self-Sustaining Aquaponics Systems
- Solar Power
- Chapter Sixteen: Water Catchment Treatment
- Chapter Seventeen: Air and Water Pumps
- Chapter Seventeen A: How Deep Should My Tank Beds Be?
- Chapter Eighteen: Two Ways to Increase System Efficiency
- Chapter Nineteen: Water Quality
- Monitoring pH Levels
- Chapter Twenty: Fish Feed
- Supplementing Your Feed
- Chapter Twenty A: Nutrient Deficiency, Insects
- Nutrient Deficiency
- Chapter Twenty-One: Cycling The System
- Alternative Cycling Methods
- Chapter Twenty-Two: System Maintenance
- Chapter Twenty-Three: Harvesting
- Chapter Twenty-Four: Getting Started Building Your IBC System
- Prepping the IBC
- Making the Beds
- Chapter Twenty-Four A: IBC Plumbing Outflow
- Grow Bed
- Fish Tank
- B: Inflow 1
- C: Inflow 2
Lastly, chapters 14-24 provide you with all of the information needed to implement the things you’ve learned to build a successful survival aquaponics system, from the maintenance and harvesting of plants and fish to the plumbing and cleaning. You receive step by step instructions here, as well as photos that guide you through the tutorial portions.
This guide provides you with all of the information needed to get started right away. It’s separated into simple bullet points that list the things you need for tanks, frames, media and co., tools and co, nutrients and supplements, fish, plants and animals. There are specific dimensions or qualities mentioned where needed, and you can use this guide as a checklist to keep track of what to get as you gather all of the items you need.
The program also provides you with some bonus guides that are available to you for absolutely free. They are separate from the main program but as you can see from the titles below, they coincide with the same mission of being self-sufficient:
- Free Bonus #1: How to Build a Water Biofilter Guide
- Free Bonus #2: How to Survive an Economic Collapse Guide
- Free Bonus #3: 27 Items to Hoard Before a Crisis Guide
Advantages of the Program
- Teaches you how to create a fool-proof, drought-proof, reliable source of agriculture
- Comes with access to unlimited email support
- Can start producing fresh vegetables and healthy fish in as little as two weeks
- Only requires 5 minute of maintenance once built
- Only takes up 10% of space needed for gardening
- Uses only 10% of water used in conventional gardening
- Infused with valuable information that teaches you everything you need to know
- Comes with step-by-step, newbie-proof tutorials
- Digital version allows you to download the content right onto your personal tech devices, such as your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer
- Supported with a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
Disadvantages of the Program
Pocket Farm is an entirely digital program, meaning that everything is online and can be downloaded onto your private tech devices for use anytime, anywhere. However, this almost means that a physical program doesn’t get mailed out to you. Although, if you would prefer to have a printed copy, an excellent alternative is to print out the guides at your home.
Pocket Farm is the ultimate program for learning how to create an aquaponics system at home to ensure a reliable source of food for you and your family. You only need 10% of the space that would be used for gardening and approximately 5 minutes for maintenance, and you could have all the fresh vegetables and healthy fish needed for survival. The program is designed specifically to be “newbie-proof”, so it comes with an abundance of valuable knowledge that teaches you everything there is to know and more so anybody can use it even if they don’t have any prior experience in aquaponics. It’s also supported with a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee, which allows you to try it out and see what you think for two months, risk-free.
Frequently Asked Questions
The program is digital, so there is no physical hardcopy available. Instead, everything is online which can be accessed instantly and anytime you need right from your tech devices. However, if you would like a hardcopy, you could always print the guides off on your own.
One of the many advantages of using aquaponics is that it is a safe and more efficient alternative to traditional agriculture or gardening. When creating your own, you will want to follow the instructions properly, especially when it comes to the electrical portions. You’re also provided with some safety considerations and suggestions. However, if you are uneasy about a portion of the assembly, you could hire a professional to complete the final parts.
Not at all. The program is newbie-proof, so it provides you with all of the information and detailed steps needed to learn and implement the system – from the basics to the maintenance, harvesting, plumbing and beyond. If it has to do with aquaponics, this program has you covered.
The creator has not released any coupon codes or discounts.
It is sold exclusively on the official website. So, if you see a version anywhere else, it is likely a fake.